BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 5 May 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane.....Via Treadmill!!

Well I done it....I started back at the gym today.


Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. It was as though my muscles hadn't forgotten all the work they had done the last time I was doing 3 sessions a week at the gym and swung into action without any effort at all.....well, there was a lot of effort put in on my part, but I wasn't half as knackered as I thought I would be! I was momentarily worried when I got there as 2 very trim and toned lads were there pumping weights like their lives depended on it, and a lot of huffing and puffing could be heard, even over the noise of the treadmill going!! Thankfully they left during the first 5 minutes of me being there and I had the gym to myself for the rest of my workout. Bliss......

I kicked off with a 10 minute walk on the treadmill going at a glow (women don't sweat, we glow) inducing 3.7mph. I then done one set each of lateral pull down (wide), ab crunches (which I forgot about yesterday!), bench press, leg press and then lateral pull down (narrow). Then another 10 minutes on the treadmill, this time going at a glow with a pink tinge 3.8mph. Then another set of the weights, the bench press was getting a little shaky at this point, but I soldiered on like a trooper! Another 10 minutes on the treadmill followed, only this time it was at a glow with red patches and puffed out cheeks (the one's on my face, not the lower one's!!) with the effort, going at 3.9mph. I rounded off my session with another set of weights, extremely grateful that no one else was in there at the time as I got into some wonderful positions in my attempts to complete the set on the bench press!!

I managed all the kg I had been on the last time I was there, so was suitably impressed with myself. I thought it had been months since I was last there, but it was in fact only March. So I filled out my little sheet thing with a record of what I had done, in my usual excruciatingly, painfully neat handwriting and popped it back in the F section with a satisfying 'shoomp' kind of noise.

Walking back to the car, I checked my trusty pedometer and was totally over the moon to see that I was already well on my way to my 10,000 steps and had even earned 1.5 extra WW points. By the time I got to work I was just over 200 steps off my target.............then tragedy struck! For some reason, my pedometer reset itself and I had to start all over again. Gutted is an understatement! I tried in vain to remember the amount of steps I had actually done, I know it was 9,700 and something, but do you think I could recall the last 2 digits? Of course I bloody couldn't! In the end I had to add the 2 amounts together and I know........I just KNOW I have done more steps than I have written down.

Any weight loss this week will more than make up for this tragic step event!!

1 comments:

Catherine said...

You rock my dear puffed out cheeked friend. I am glad that your other cheeks were not glowing but would have laughed if they were glowing and would have liked a picture of them glowing. Not a picture for anything peverted but just for a damn good giggle... hehehe Love you xoxoxox