BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 3 May 2010

The Hair Colour

I swear, if I had some sort of coinage for every time I heard some old dear tell my Mum that I had lovely hair, I would have been able to retire at about the age of 10. Bill Gates fortune would be a drop in the ocean compared to how much I would have had! This should give you some clue as to how many times I heard it. I hated my hair, with a kind of venomous loathing and would have dyed it a multitude of colours had I been allowed, and it lasted a long time.


The teasing I put up with at school convinced me I must have been extremely naughty in a previous life, and karma was well and truly kicking my arse now.......actually, a couple of times I honestly believe it drop kicked me into the next week! My sister regularly used to tell me that I was adopted and that was why I was the only one with ginger hair. Nice. I thought I had one up on her though, as my Mum was almost the same colour as me. You can, therefore, completely understand my utter devastation, the feeling of betrayal, when I found out Mum's hair colour was out of a bottle!! So, the adoption idea lingered and festered until Mum pointed out (literally at the time) the various varicose veins she had....uh......acquired whilst carrying me. OK, sorry about that Mum.

On top of convincing me that she did indeed carry and protect me for 9 months despite the growing number of varicose veins popping up, then I messed around apparently not wanting to be born (I still maintain I was simply waiting for Dad's birthday, which worked as we share it) and then having the utter audacity to be born with the umbilical cord wrapped round my neck which was effectively choking me with every push (obvious punishment for being ginger in the womb). I was born with a full head of ginger hair. We are not talking a tuft at the front or that funny fuzzy feeling stuff that newborn babies sometimes have, I am talking full-on 'could probably do with a trip to the hairdressers' kind of hair. I have been told a lot of nurses fussed over me, but with ginger's being a minority, it may just have been kindness at the time!!

There you have it really, been ginger ever since!! Love it now of course, as ginger's don't go grey apparently (although I have yet to even start this stage myself), we go ash blonde....ha ha ha!

0 comments: