BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 4 May 2010

One Small Measure.......Or Several Fairly Big One's!!

OK, usually these are locked tightly away in my safe (seriously), but I thought I would be very brave and put my measurements out there! They will be updated every 4 weeks as my gym self-punishment continues!! I am still debating as to whether I am going to label them or not.....I may just let you try and guess which measurement goes with which part of me! So here they are: 25", 25.5", 37" and 46.5". My magic numbers for the month of May! OK, the first one is my right thigh. The second is my left thigh (I have to say, I have been treating both thigh's equally, so why is one half an inch bigger than the other?). The third is my waist (always been a lot smaller than my child-bearing hips [as my Mum calls them!!]) and the fourth, is obviously my hips. Have just realised I didn't measure my bust, but I will do this next time.


So, the plan is, I start back down the gym tomorrow. My time spent down there goes roughly as follows: 10 minutes on the treadmill, walking at about 3.7mph - a set of reps on: bench press/leg press/lateral pull-down (narrow and wide) - 10 minutes on the treadmill again at 3.8mph - another set of reps - 10 more minutes on the treadmill at 3.9mph - final set of reps. I know that once I get back into it and am plugged into my iPod, which bangs out some cracking music to work out to................yes, yes, they may be mostly 80's pop tunes, but they get me moving and, more importantly, keep me moving. It's very lucky that the gym is usually empty at the time of the morning I go in, as I am sure that in my 'I've just woken up, couldn't find my hairbrush and I think I have odd socks on' state, I may possibly start belting out a few lyrics!!

Tip for those who use a treadmill, do not look down at your thighs when you are walking/jogging/running at any speed - they look about a mile wide and you start to wonder why you are on this fake pavement with no view!

I wil let you know how I get on!! Wish me luck..................

1 comments:

Catherine said...

Wooo hoooo not big ones at all. Your funny and make me laugh. Thank you for being all the things that I need you to be. You are my best friend and I love you xoxoxox