BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 25 May 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking.....

.....and that's what I am going to do in my new and long awaited Frye boots.


They are so gorgeous and when I put them on I just knew that I would be able to walk miles and miles in them and my feet would not suffer at all. They were an absolute bargain and I couldn't not get them! Half price and free shipping......I know how to shop!

One small slight problem though..........my perfect new boots do not fit perfectly and I am gutted about it. I have lost 13.5lbs and even though this is quite an amount and even though I have much more to lose (1lb at a time Jax, just remember...1lb at a time!), I thought I would be able to start wearing these boots straight away. Sadly this is not the case and I am gutted. The reason? My calves are too big! My bloody calves are too big?!! You have to be kidding right?! Nope, I pulled them on....felt the bliss surround my feet and then felt the resistance as I tried to pull them up to their full height up my leg. My language would have made someone suffering with tourettes blush! I was GUTTED!! I was also trying to calculate who long it would be before the leather 'gave' enough and whether I would ruin them by wearing them and having them scrunched up whilst waiting for the 'give' in the leather. Hmmmmmm......possibly not an option.

I need both my calves to shrink by about 1cm, that's all. Not much really. You wouldn't think that was asking too much would you? Well, apparently it is. Apparently my body is well aware of the places I dislike the most and will, in it's evil way, save the weight loss and toning on those places for last! Grrrrr! I done some research on the internet and found that there is not a specific exercise I can do to speed up the calf reducing process. However, there are a shocking amount of people who are resorting to surgery to accomplish this. Uh-uh...no way....not a chance.

So I am planning on adding swimming twice a week to my already slightly hectic schedule, but after hours of trawling through various websites and questions and answers from people on the same mission, this seems to be a good idea.

Oh yeah, I've also ordered some boot stretchers....................just in case!

0 comments: